Information on the coronavirus disease
On this page we are trying to keep you up to date with the developments and situation in Baden-Baden. Due to the daily changing situation we ask for your understanding if we are not always able to do so. Additionally, we try to update the information on our website regarding opening times and events step by step.
The Robert Koch Institute rates the risk situation high in Germany.
In the next days, weeks and maybe even months the everyday life will be affected. On 22 March, the German Federal Government and the heads of government of the federal states adopted guidelines for further restricting social contacts in the public sector in view of the corona epidemic in Germany. A curfew is currently not imposed, but rather the citizens' sense of responsibility is relied upon to take contact reduction seriously.
The current situation in Baden-Baden
What Baden-Baden visitors should know:
- Spending time in public space is only permitted on your own, with another person not living in the household or with members of your own household. Wherever possible, a minimum distance of 1.5 meters must be kept from other persons in public spaces.
- Outside the public space, events and other gatherings of more than five people are prohibited.
- The borders to France, Luxembourg, Austria and Switzerland are closed (except for commuters and goods traffic).
- All airports in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg are closed.
- Most hotels are closed, but please contact the respective establishment directly for detailed information. The state government prohibits overnight stays for tourist reasons.
- Restaurants may only offer food and beverages for delivery or take away from 22 March on.
- (Retail) shops are closed. Grocery stores, Pharmacies, drugstores, petrol stations etc. remain open.
- Ice cream parlours are closed.
- All cultural & educational institutions, especially museums, Festival Hall and theatre are closed.
- Swimming pools, thermal baths and saunas, including the Caracalla Spa and Friedrichsbad are closed.
- The Casino Baden-Baden is closed.
- Clubs, pubs and dance halls are closed.
- Fitness centres and sports facilities in closed rooms are closed.
- Playgrounds are closed.
- Public toilets are closded.
- Please keep your distance and reduce social contacts to a minimum.
Due to the current development we can't guarantee correct opening times and event information on our website. Please contact the organizer directly.
For cancellations in regard to any products and services of Baden-Baden Kur & Tourismus GmbH please contact email@example.com.
Most hotels are closed, but please contact the respective establishment directly for detailed information. The state government prohibits overnight stays for tourist reasons.
All restaurants are closed and may only offer food and beverages for delivery or take away from 22 March on. We recommend that you enquire at the respective restaurant.
The entire retail trade remains closed with a few exceptions.
These shops are still open:
- Grocery stores
- Weekly markets
- Collection and delivery services
- Beverage shops
- Pharmacies and medical supply stores
- Petrol stations
- Post offices
- Laundries and laundrettes
- Newspaper shops
- Construction, horticulture and pet supplies markets
- Farm shops
These shops can now also be opened on Sundays and public holidays.
All public and private events are prohibited. This applies to indoor events as well as outdoor events.
For up-to-date information and if you have any questions, please contact the respective organizer directly. Please note: Due to the special situation, we can currently no longer guarantee the correctness of opening and playing times on our website.
For the return or exchange of already booked tickets, please contact the organizer or the sales point you used directly.
The Easter Festival 2020 at the Festival Hall cannot take place either, for further information please click here: https://www.festspielhaus.de/en/magazine/osterfestspiele-2020-so-geht-es-weiter
The guided tours and theme tours of the Baden-Baden Tourism Board (Baden-Baden Kur & Tourismus GmbH) will not take place until further notice.
All cultural institutions are closed, this includes:
- all of the museums in Baden-Baden
- the Theater Baden-Baden
- the Festival Hall Baden-Baden
- the Kurhaus Baden-Baden
- the public library
No, all swimming pools, indoor swimming pools, thermal and fun pools and saunas are closed. This includes the Caracalla Spa and the Friedrichsbad.
Our Tourist Information offices in the Kurhaus Colonnades and at Schwarzwaldstraße 52 are closed to the public.
You can reach us by phone and e-mail:
Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00
+49 (0)7221 275 200
- Keep your distance - even when standing in line
- Avoid crowds
- Wash hands long and thoroughly
- Avoid handshakes
- Cough and sneeze in a tissue or in the crook of your arm
- Stay at home with fever and cough and other cold symptoms
- Only go to see a doctor or emergency ward after making an appointment by telephone
Further information on the coronavirus disease in Germany
Due to the dynamically developing situation, you will find up-to-date information on the following pages: